At OfficeMax we believe business is about being strong, multilayered and flexible… Much like our rubber band ball!
We approach each and every client with the view to building a strong partnership to assist you to get the job of ordering workplace supplies and solutions done.
Our multilayered product offerings are based on our staff getting to know how your business works to make sure you have the optimal workplace solution.
And we’re flexible. We know business needs and circumstances change and that workplace solutions need to be adaptable. Our team are always focused on creating solutions that grow with your needs.
How we help you
Our goal at OfficeMax is to make your life easy. That’s why we offer complete workplace solutions to manage each and every input your organisation needs.
Whether you’re looking for office products, technology solutions, furniture, medical, kitchen, catering or cleaning supplies, or print management and promotional products, you can be assured our staff will guide you with understanding, integrity and transparency to the best competitively priced solution.
We believe people are just as important as our products. That’s why we make available a dedicated account service representative to assist you to find the right workplace solution for your needs. Our specialist solutions team reviews everything your business buys and develops a tailored program to manage those inputs and their costs.
We actually function like an in-house procurement team, with cost efficiencies and productivity our key goals. And we’re good at it. We have more than 40 years’-experience in delivering complete workplace solutions for small and big business and government.
So whether you work in a small or large office or any kind of workspace, we can help. With guaranteed low prices, convenient online ordering and desk-to-door delivery, OfficeMax is the smarter solution to office management.
How we help in other ways
We believe businesses should be both ethical and sustainable. And we have the products and programs in place to offer more than lip service to the environment and community.
We’ve also been recognised as one of the world’s most ethical businesses by the prestigious international Ethisphere Institute. In fact, we were the only office supplies company worldwide to be recognised for our ethical business practices such as our support of the Forest Stewardship Council and A Day Made Better – corporate social responsibility program recognising the work of primary school teachers.
History of OfficeMax Australia
OfficeMax has a long history of being part of Australia’s business community and working with government and schools. In fact, we first opened our doors in Melbourne in 1965.
Since then we’ve transformed into an industry-leading workplace solutions provider known for excellence in customer service.
In partnership with OfficeMax Incorporated, we’re also part of one of the world’s most successful companies.
Here’s a brief summary of our evolution:
- 1965 - Commenced business in Melbourne, Australia as Pedersen Stationers.
- 1987 - Repco Corporation purchased Pedersen Stationers.
- 1989 - Spicer Paper Group acquired Pedersen Stationers from Repco Corporation.
- 1991 - Spicer Paper Group acquired Contact Stationery (Specialist Education Supplies) and merged it with Pedersen Stationers to form Pedersen Contact Stationers.
- 1994 - Twelve senior managers buy Pedersen Contact Stationers out of Spicer Group.
- 1996 - Pedersen Contact Stationers is acquired by global stationery company Boise Cascade Corporation. Pedersen Contact Stationers changes its name to Boise Cascade Office Products Australia.
- 1999 - Boise Cascade Office Products Australia acquires the Western Australia State Government business unit Supply Business Supply West.
- 2000 - Boise Cascade Office Products expanded into New Zealand with the acquisition of the market leader, Blue Star Office Supplies Group. As part of this acquisition Boise Cascade Office Products took over the Victorian Government business State Supply and the Tasmanian Government supply business SPS Supply.
- 2005 - Boise Cascade Office Products USA purchased the leading US retail stationer, OfficeMax and took on the OfficeMax name. Boise Cascade Office Products Australia changed its name to OfficeMax Australia Limited.
- 2005 - OfficeMax Australia Limited became Australia's largest education supplies company following the acquisition of the NSW Government Q Stores business.
- 2012 - OfficeMax acquires print management companies CPS and Foxprint.